How to Get Married in Ireland
Are you recently engaged and ready to begin planning your big day? Congratulations! Are you the kind of person who likes to be super-organised? Planning your wedding can be super-easy if you make yourself the a list to work from.
Or if you are the kind of person who rather someone else do all the “legwork”, you can hire a Wedding Planner to take care of the essentials for you.
If it is less than 18 months to your wedding date, here are the steps to follow before you do anything else:
Essentials – To Do First
First things first. You will need to make an appointment with your nearest HSE office to lodge your Intention to Marry form. This will cost you €200 and must be done at least 3 months before your wedding date, and no more than 12 months before. You will be asked to complete the “Capture of Data” form to take with you to your appointment.
In order to complete your “Capture of Data” form for your HSE appointment will need the following important details:
- Your wedding date.
- Name of your wedding venue
- Name & address of your celebrant who is a duly HSE authorised & Registered Solemniser of Marriages. If you would like your wedding ceremony to be a legal marriage, it is essential that your celebrant is correctly registered with the HSE. (pick me!)
- The names and date of birth of your two legal witnesses 18+ years of age
If all your details are complete, at your Notification appointment you will be provided with your “Green Folder” containing your official Marriage Registration Form (MRF). Your MRF from your green folder is the document to be signed during your ceremony, which must be returned to the HSE office within 30 days to complete the registration of your marriage.
Once Your Essentials are Confirmed
Once you have confirmed your wedding date with both your celebrant/solemniser and you can proceed and book the remaining essentials while you wait for your HSE appointment.
Or, if you prefer to hire a Wedding Planner to organise the following and more, you can do that now.
- The Dress
- Bridal Party
- Cake – Wedding Cake
- Ceremony Music/musician(s)
- Flowers – you may wish to include: Bridal bouquet, Bridal party flowers, Mothers of the bride flowers, Ceremony table flowers (this can double as a decoration for your head table at the reception)
- Hair & Makeup
- Invitations – Calligrapher ?
- Photo Booth
- Reception Music/Wedding band
Tip: You will save a lot of money if you book your wedding band direct.
- Anything else you would like to include on your big day, to help make your day special.
Your Special Day
If you believe your ceremony should be an important part of your special day, no matter how big or small your requirements may be, you have found the right place.
If you would ike a ceremony as unique & special as you are, created to suit your own style, please don't hesitate to get in touch so I can answer any questions you might have - and to find out if I am available on your big day. I would be honoured to work with you.
Non-denominational Holistic Minister,
Celebrant & Registered Solemniser,
RYT200 Registered Yoga & Meditation Teacher,
SHAI Registered Sound Therapist,
& Professional Musician