Getting Married in Ireland – Step by Step ..
To get legally married in Ireland, you must follow these steps:
- Choose your registered solemniser/ceremony officiant, wedding venue, and your two witnesses. Be sure that your ceremony officiant is HSE registered and listed on the “Register of Solemnisers”.
- Contact your nearest HSE Civil Registration Office and book an appointment to lodge your Notification of Intention to Marry form, or NOIM. The non-refundable fee for this appointment is €200.
- Prepare the required ID documents (the HSE office will advise you what documentation is needed, birth certificates etc.) and attend your appointment.
- On the date requested, return to the HSE Civil Registration Office to collect your green folder and MRF (Marriage Registration Form) . This is the offical government marriage form to be signed during your marriage ceremony.
- TA-DA !! Your big day is here! You are getting married! Remember to bring your green folder and MRF to be signed during your ceremony. Congratulations!
- On the next business day (or as soon as possible within 30 days) return your completed MRF to the HSE Civil Registration Office to complete the registration process.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me for a chat to answer any questions you might have.