In Ireland there is an abundance of celebrants (like myself) who are HSE registered Marriage Solemnisers who can legally marry you. However there is also an abundance of unregistered celebrants who cannot legally marry you.
The only celebrants who can legally marry you in Ireland are those like myself who have completed extensive training as members of an authorised organisation and are thus correctly registered with the HSE as either Secular or Religious Solemnisers of Marriage. Every HSE Registered Marriage Solemniser is listed on the public “Register of Solemnisers” which is available online and updated each month.
There is also a growing number of unregistered celebrants who are misleading the public with incorrect information, either intentionally, or because they just don’t have adequate working knowledge of the Marriage Act to provide accurate advice to the public.
Even worse, some unregistered celebrants are making false and misleading claims that they are registered, by using the misleading job title of “Registered Celebrant” on their business cards, websites and social media, A celebrant who uses the job title of “Registered Celebrant” is not registered to conduct legal marriages, because they are not registered with the HSE Their job title of “Registered Celebrant” is nothing more than a marketing plan devised to mislead the public.
If you wish to be married with personalised and meaningful ceremony created to your own wishes, don’t fall into the trap of booking an unregistered celebrant or your wedding ceremony won’t be a real legal marriage. With an unregistered celebrant you will also need to attend the Registry office with your witnesses on another day for a Registry Office marriage.
The following are facts every couple wishing to get married in Ireland should know:
- There are thousands of solemnisers registered to conduct legal marriages in Ireland, there is absolutely no shortage of marriage solemnisers.
- The only celebrants in Ireland who are registered to conduct civil ceremonies are employees of the HSE, known as Civil Registrars.
- Ireland will not be following in Australia’s footsteps with the registration of independent civil marriage celebrants.
- An over-supply of unregistered celebrants will not influence the government’s stance on this decision in any way.
- If a person wishes to become registered to solemnise marriages in Ireland they must join a relevant organisation they align with and complete their authorised training.
If you wish to be legally married in Ireland with a personalised and meaningful ceremony designed to your own wishes, you must choose a celebrant like myself who is HSE registered to conduct a real legal marriage ceremony.. My job title not only Celebrant and Holistic Minister, I am also a HSE Registered Solemniser of Marriages.
I am a valued member of the Enchanted Ceremonies group of Celebrants, Ministers and Solemnisers, by Earth Spiritualist Foundation and I would be honoured to work with you.
Earth Spiritualist Foundation is a modern and secular ministry of Celtic Christian faith, established with the following goals and aims:
- To provide non-denominational ceremonial services to the public without discrimination.
- To teach meditation in a secular style, along with the 6 principles of daily life for stress reduction, good health, happiness and longevity, Many of us like myself, are also yoga & meditation teachers and holistic therapists and healers.
- To establish a Spirituality Centre for the secular worship of the Divine within and all around us in nature and all living things and the celebration of the Celtic seasons.
- To establish a community holistic retreat centre for the benefit of those in recovery from stress related illness of any kind.
For more information see: